Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Results.....sort of

I had my diagnostic mammogram this afternoon.  THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS!

Basically, the culprit is microcalcifications.  You can read more at  Breast calcifications - MayoClinic.com.  They are common in women and usually not cancerous.  I had a biopsy of some calcifications 4 years ago that were benign.  The new ones are on a different side and hard to see. 

The radiologist will send his report to my doctor.  I already have an appointment scheduled with my doctor after Ecuador, so we can discuss my options (biopsy, another mammogram in 6 months, watch and wait, etc.) and his recommendations.  Shawn and I will make a decision at that point on how we should proceed.

God is so good.  I've been in this situation before so I am not overcome with fear or anxiety.  My focus is completely on the orphans in Ecuador and God's call to minister to them.

Interestingly, I shared my personal testimony at a women's retreat a few weeks ago.  In preparation for it, God had me read through my journals from the past 6 years.  Don't worry, I tend to journal in spurts, not on a daily basis.  Anyway, I read about my previous biopsy experience so it is quite fresh in my mind. God used it to prepare me for "such a time as this."  He is so loving and merciful. 

I am praising Him today.
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment