Friday, November 11, 2011

This Is What Motivates Me To Pray

After my friend Sheri moved into her new ranch style house, she gave me her fire escape ladder since our bedrooms are upstairs.  I put it on the floor in my bedroom until I could figure out the best place to store it.

One morning, Faith Wrenn comes into my room and spots the box.

Faith Wrenn: "What's this, Mom?"

Me:  "It's a fire escape ladder that attaches to your window sill so you can climb down to the ground in case of a fire."

Faith Wrenn picks the box up, puts it on my bed, and opens it.  As she's taking the ladder out, she says, "This thing is loud."

Me:  "If there's a fire and you have to use it, no one's going to notice how loud it is."


Faith Wrenn:  "Yeah, but how I am supposed to sneak out??!!!"

OH. MY.  She's not even a teenager yet!  SHE IS ONLY TEN!!! 

Now, you know why I pray ALL the time!!!

Obviously I won't be storing the ladder in her room :)

"Pray without ceasing!"  1 Thessalonians 5:17

Loving HIM with all my heart & soul,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment