Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Much Needed Mother/Daughter Night Out!

Yesterday was the first time since my surgery that I officially got ready, put on make-up, and went somewhere other than to a doctor's office!  

I started by going to MOPS.  I'm a mentor and we (the mentors) did the program yesterday for our Christmas meeting.  We shared the stories of the 5 women in Jesus' lineage - Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, Bathsheba, & Mary.  It was very touching.

I was Tamar.....
You can read her story in Genesis 38.  In spite of her sin, God still used her.  
We can NEVER out sin God. 
He will forgive us...for EVERY sin we commit...NO MATTER what it is!
We just have to ask Him.
"If You, LORD, kept a record of sins,
   Lord, who could stand? 
 But with You there is forgiveness,
   so that we can, with reverence, serve You."
Psalm 130:3-4

Afterwards, I was quite tired.  I had to go by the post office and ended up resting in my car in the parking lot with the warm sun shining on me for over an hour!  If the post office had not been so busy, I'm sure they would have reported me for loitering!   

With my second wind, I made a quick trip to Wal-Mart to get some things for Tanner's bonfire birthday party with his friends.  Since his birthday is Dec. 23, we usually do a party with his friends a few weeks early and a family party actually on his birthday.  With me recovering from surgery, Tanner and his dad planned the party and took care of all of the details.  So, I thought the least I could do was buy the food.

When I got home, I was going to straighten up the house for the party.  But, God had other plans.  He put 3 different women in my path that I knew He wanted me to spend some time with instead.  WHAT A PRIVILEGE! 

Then, my daughter and I turned the house over to Shawn, Tanner, and Tanner's friends!  Faith and I took off for a much needed mother/daughter night out!  The first stop was dinner.....




Then Santa.....




A little shopping, a checker game at Cracker Barrel (Faith won!), our annual ride through the Stafford Park neighborhood to see the Christmas lights & to vote on the best decorated house (I have pictures on my cellphone but they won't upload AGAIN!  ugghhh!), and then to Pet Smart.

Faith wants 2 parakeets for Christmas so she likes to visit the birds at Pet Smart every chance she gets.  She wants a furry pet so bad!  She is allergic to cats and dogs which makes her very sad.  She has the worst reaction to cats.  At times, she chooses to break out and take medicine just to be able to touch a cat!

After visiting with the birds for a while, Faith ventured over to the cat adoption center.  Nearly all the cats there were actually VERY playful kittens, and Faith could not resist!  She played with them through their cages until it was time for the store to close!  When I finally pulled her away (splotchy skin, itchy face, watery & swollen eyes and all!), she cried all the way to the car and half way home for those poor kitties!

Faith has such a tender heart!  As soon as we got in the car, she asked if we could pray for the kitties to all find good homes - so we prayed.  As soon as she got home, she started researching online what she could do to help.  When I went to bed, she was writing a letter to someone at an adoption organization that Pet Smart works with.  She is ready to take action!

Faith and I had a great night together with lots of laughs, lots of talk time, and lots of simple fun.   WHAT A BLESSING AND A PRIVILEGE!

Tanner and Shawn had a good time too.  I left a camera for them to take some pictures, but apparently they were having too much fun to use it!  

Loving HIM with all my heart & soul,
Nancy       

No comments:

Post a Comment