Thursday, December 9, 2010

Radiation Consult

"We wait in hope for the LORD;
   He is our help and our shield.
In Him our hearts rejoice,
   for we trust in His holy name.
May Your unfailing love be with us, LORD,
   even as we put our hope in You." 
Psalm 33:20-22 

I had my radiation consult appointment this morning in Pineville - a little closer to home.  I was greeted by trees on the walls in the lobby and in my exam room!  I have pictures but can't get them to upload right now - ugghhhh!

The staff I met this morning was super sweet.  I was treated like royalty!  God has handpicked these special ladies to work in this particular environment.  They really blessed me today.  I am looking forward to seeing them everyday for 6 weeks!

I will go back to be "fitted" for radiation on January 6.  After that, I will go for treatments 5 days a week for 6 1/2 weeks.  There will be a total of 33 treatments.  Fatigue and "sunburn" are the most common side effects.  I should be in there and out in less than 20 minutes per treatment!      

I am praying now for the ladies I will meet during radiation.  I'm asking God for lots of opportunities to share my faith with them.  When I walked up to the building this morning, I knew this was where God wanted me to be and He has specific plans for me.  God's presence brought tears to my eyes!  Please pray for me to be obedient and bold! 
********************

Let me just say, y'all have set the bar for dinner WAAAAAY TOOOO HIIIIIGH!!!  Now, my family is going to expect ME to cook them gourmet meals every night!  I've got to wean them and fast!  LOL!  WE HAVE BEEN SPOILED!  THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!  THANK YOU!!!  THANK YOU!!!  THANK YOU!!!
Christine and her helpers brought a FABULOUS dinner last night along with a DELICIOUS dessert from Jacona.  THANK YOU ALL!

Life is short.  Eat dessert first! 

Then, I got a surprise phone call from my friend Lily who wanted to bring by a favorite dish of hers - dinner for tonight!!!  THANK YOU! 

I LOVE YOU ALL!  YOU ARE THE BEST!

Loving HIM with all my heart & soul,
Nancy
  

No comments:

Post a Comment