Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Post-op Results

My post-op appointment with my surgeon Dr. White was yesterday.  My new friend Nancy B. came to pick me up and spent her afternoon driving me around!



"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God -"  Ephesians 2:8 was the Scripture at the sign-in desk at the cancer center.  Extra special, very caring people work there.  What a blessing they are!

Dr. White had nothing but good news.  He went over in a little more detail the same pathology results his nurse shared with me last Friday.  The cancer was only 3mm (which is tiny!) and was not invasive (hasn't spread!)  He said he had to take out 3.8 cm of tissue though to remove both clips (from my 2 biopsies) and the scar tissue from my 1st biopsy.  Oh yeah, and the cancer.  No wonder I'm sore!!! 


Check out the pink breast cancer Christmas tree in Dr. White's office!  Barbie is the tree topper, and she has been through surgery (she's all bandaged up) & chemo (she's lost her hair).  It's a sweet tree.

And look at these smiling faces!  They work at the parking garage.  This was the first time I've seen the young lady.  The young man is always singing and serenades me every time I come through. 

I will see Dr. White again in 3 months for follow-up and to get started on tamoxifen (the oral medication that reduces reoccurrence.) 

My radiation consult has been scheduled for bright and early tomorrow morning.  These people do not mess around!  I know my incision has to heal before I can start radiation treatments.  So, I am assuming it will be a few weeks before I actually start.  I'll let you know after tomorrow.

This is Lisa P. from MOPS.  She is my group leader (I'm a mentor aka old a mom with older children.)  She brought a FABULOUS dinner last night!  THANK YOU!
This was Tanner's plate, and he ate it ALL!!!
Rene stopped by again - she was missing her little buddy Faith!  She brought by some things, including the snowman sweat shirt Faith is wearing.  Faith shared a delicious cupcake with her.
Between yesterday and today, I am wiped out!  I am so tired!  I guess I need to e-a-s-e back into things.  This time of year makes it a little difficult to do that though.

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR PRAYERS, YOUR MEALS, YOUR ENCOURAGEMENT, YOUR MEALS, YOUR CARDS, YOUR MEALS, YOUR VISITS, YOUR MEALS, YOUR TEXTS,  YOUR MEALS, etc.!  THANK YOU!

Loving HIM with all my heart & soul,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment