Monday, October 18, 2010

A Time to Pray and a Time to Laugh

I promise I do have more posts from Ecuador in the works, but the reality of "today" keeps getting in the way!

Right now, I need your prayers for my biopsy on Wednesday morning.

*Please pray for the procedure to go well & the results to be very clear & conclusive - no doubts. 
*Pray for opportunities to minister to the women I meet in the waiting room & to the staff I interact with. 
*Pray for these folks to know the hope of Jesus Christ.
*PRAISE for the overwhelming peace I have!
*PRAISE for God being sovereign over all things!
*PRAISE for the perfect plans God has for this situation!

"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints."  Ephesians 6:18

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 4:6-7

THANK YOU!

Now, a time to laugh..."He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy."  Job 8:21

Just the mention of the word "lice" makes my head itch!  How about you?  Having spent our last night in Ecuador doing lice checks, our heads itched A LOT on the way home!

Originally, most of us had planned to do a precautionary shampoo with RID before we came home.  However, a closer look at the RID directions revealed a strong recommendation to only use the wash if you definitely had lice and not just an exposure to it. This deterred the majority of us from using it. 

So, when I got home, I (followed Stephanie's lead and) researched natural remedies.  And I found one - MAYONNAISE!  I had my daughter cover my hair/head in Duke's mayonnaise.  Just for the record, the website specifically said NO Miracle Whip.  Duke's Mayo - 1; Miracle Whip - 0!  The battle continues!
 
Anyway, the remedy also called for my hair/head to be covered in saran wrap for 2 hours before washing the mayo out.  Ahhh, but we did not have any saran wrap.  I had to use aluminum foil instead - sweet!  I looked like an alien.  Imagine my husband's surprise when he woke up from a nap on the couch to a smelly alien sitting in the floor staring at him!  Ha!Ha!Ha!

Take a look for yourself.....


All for God's Glory!


 Loving HIM with all my heart,
Nancy

1 comment:

  1. The fact that Duke's could kill lice and Miracle Whip would not.....is that really a point for Duke's when you think about eating it?

    ReplyDelete