Tuesday, June 7, 2011

An Africa Day

This morning, I took Faith Wrenn to the Health Department to get her travel vaccinations for her very first mission trip. 

She had to get 3 of them - including tetanus.  She was very brave, and she didn't even tense up when the nurse gave her the shots!

While we were sitting in the waiting room, there was a couple sitting behind us.  The wife was very anxious about getting her shots.  I sensed I should turn around and talk to them.  So I did.  And when I asked her where they were traveling to, you know what she said...

AFRICA!!!

When I asked where in Africa, she said Swaziland.  It is in the southern part of Africa and just happens to be where our World Vision sponsored child lives!


I immediately asked them if I could take their picture because I wanted to pray for them.  I also shared with them how God was calling us to Africa too. 
Ron & Cindy

They leave the first of July and will return on July 16.  Please pray for them and their entire team.  They are going to work at a university and an orphanage.

They have 3 daughters and their youngest one is going to Swaziland with them.  She just finished her 1st year of nursing school.  She has felt called to Africa since 8th grade.  HOW EXCITING!!!

I was also asked to pray for one of their other daughters who is pregnant with a baby boy due in October.  She just found out yesterday that he has a heart problem.  This same daughter had a similar heart problem when she was born 26 years ago.  She had open heart surgery when she was 2 years old.  She is fine now.  Please pray for God to give this young couple (who are in the ministry in OH) His peace that surpasses all understanding.  Pray for the health of their unborn son.  Ask God for a miracle on their behalf because "He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10.

This couple was so sweet and genuine.  They know one of the associate pastors at my church too.  I really enjoyed talking with them.  I was so engaged in conversation with them that the office lady came to check and see what was taking me so long to fill out Faith Wrenn's paperwork! 

It was another Divine Appointment, and I did not want to miss a minute of it.

After the Health Department, I had to go to my dad's to do payroll.  While we were there, I glanced through Sunday's paper and grabbed the coupons.  And what was on the front page (and all throughout) the Proctor & Gamble coupon section???.....




pictures of children from KENYA letting people know about the Children's Safe Drinking Water Program.  I cried when I saw these pictures!

Then later this afternoon, Tanner & Faith Wrenn had dentist appointments.  When we got to the dentist's office, it was VERY crowded.  We usually do not have to wait, but today we did.  There was a TV in the lobby and it was on ETV - PBS Kids.  After we had been there for awhile, Barney came on.  Guess what it was about???.....

 AFRICA!
 AFRICA!!
AFRICA!!! 
And this lady was from KENYA! 

O.V.E.R.W.H.E.L.M.I.N.G!

ONLY GOD!!

I CANNOT MAKE THIS STUFF UP!!!

Now, if you will please excuse me, I've gotta go pack for Africa :) LOL!

Loving HIM with all my heart & soul,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment