Monday, June 6, 2011

Typing Through Tears of Awe

Jesus said, “Go into all the world and
preach the good news to all creation." 
Mark 16:15

I had to run some errands late this afternoon.  When I got home, I found my sweet husband sitting on the front porch waiting for me so we could have our daily after work talk time.  While we were talking, our neighbor Jeanie stopped by.

We talked with her for a little while before the conversation turned to missions.  Jeanie and her family have served as full-time missionaries in Italy and Germany.  Right now, they are serving locally and are an active part of WOC  (World Outreach Center) here in FM.  WOC does a lot to prepare and support missionaries.

Jeanie told us about a 12 week internship WOC does each fall - kind of like "How to Become a Missionary 101."  WOW!!!  My husband and I just had a conversation last Thursday about the research we needed to do on this EXACT subject.  We have a lot of questions.  Then today, God puts Jeanie in our path so she can share with us about the internship!  ONLY GOD!

THIS IS SO EXCITING! 

Shawn and I are praying about this opportunity.  Given his work schedule, I would be the one attending the classes 4 mornings a week.  And I love to attend classes!  Not to mention, a mission trip to Mexico is also a part of the program!  YAY!  

Jeanie told us that the director of WOC has ties to Tanzania in Africa too!

Then, Jeanie mentioned that our neighbors 2 doors down will be going to GHANA in September!  I immediately went over and invited them to dinner so we can talk with them.  ONLY GOD!!!

THIS IS SO EXCITING!

I am beside myself! 

Tears keep flowing! 

GOD IS SO GOOD!

I am in awe of how He works!

Loving HIM with all my heart & soul,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment