Monday, June 20, 2011

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

*I wrote this last night, but had problems with uploading pictures
so it didn't get posted until today.*

Bright and early this morning before church, we headed to Bob Evan's for a Father's Day breakfast with (part of) my mom's family.

This was taken from one end of the table.

This was taken from the other.

 At church, my small group made cards for the fatherless - the orphans in Costa Rica and Ecuador.  Although these children may not have an earthly father, they do have a Heavenly Father who loves them more than they can imagine. 

We took a few pictures to send with our cards too.

After eating lunch at Sonny's BBQ (all dads ate for FREE - thanks Nana!), we spent the afternoon at my dad's with my brother and his family.  
(L to R: my husband Shawn, my brother Shane, my dad Max

There was a lot of cousin time too that included swimming, playing video games, and jumping rope. (L to R: Avery, Tanner, Sydney)

Faith Wrenn (above) and Lindsey (below)

I must say that Father's Day is a bit different now since my stepdad and my father-in-law have both passed away.  Don't take anything for granted.  Give your dad a hug or a phone call today!

**********************************************

After we came home from my dad's house, my husband turned on the TV
and guess what was on...???

A nature show on etv about AFRICA!

Check out this gorgeous RAINBOW at Victoria Falls in South Africa on the Zambezi River between the countries of Zambia & Zimbabwe.

ONLY GOD!

Loving MY HEAVENLY FATHER with all my heart & soul,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment