Tuesday, June 14, 2011

God's Little Surprise

We are so blessed to be a part of a church that has a heart for missions.  Our church provides so many outreach opportunities, especially during the summer.

In July, my son Tanner and I are going on a youth trip to Costa Rica to minister to orphans.  We recently had a meeting and found out that the guys on our team will need to wear pants (not jeans) while we are ministering there. But,Tanner doesn't have any pants that fit at the moment.  My frequent visits to Goodwill have not found any pants for him either.

This past Friday night was date night. 

After dinner, Shawn and I perused the shops at Rivergate.  Target was our last stop.  When we were just about to leave the store, I felt a nudge to check and see if they had any "missionary pants" for Tanner.  

I looked everywhere but could only find one rack of very dressy pants - not what I was looking for.  As I  turned to walk away, a yellow sign caught my eye. And look what I found...



missionary pants for Tanner!!!  I was so excited.  They only had his size left!!!  So, I bought a pair in every color!!! 

But check out the very best part...


For less than $10.00, God provided not 1, not 2, but 3 pair of brand new missionary pants!  That's less than Goodwill, and these are brand new!  And they fit! 

ONLY GOD!!!  He takes such good care of us!

"Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim His greatness.
Let the whole world know what He has done.
Sing to Him; yes, sing His praises.
Tell everyone about His wonderful deeds."
1 Chronicles 16:8-9 (NLT)

Praising HIM for His provision,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment