Thursday, July 7, 2011

Today's Results

"May my prayer be set before You like incense;
may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice."

Psalm 141:2

Thank you so much for your prayers!
My mammogram today went very well.....

Everything came back CLEAR!!! 

God answered our prayers!
What a HUGE PRAISE!

God also allowed me the opportunity to share my story of how He revealed my cancer back in October with the mammogram technician.  After sharing my story, the wonderful technician shared her faith (in God) with me.  We had such a sweet time together!  Really sweet - sharing God stories.

Through teary eyes, she also shared some meaningful words of wisdom spoken to her when she was young by her grandmother who said....."One day, I will be gone.  Your mom and your dad will be gone.  But GOD WILL ALWAYS BE WITH YOU.  So, make sure you talk to Him and know Him."

Right before I left, I told the technician about God's call to Africa and asked her to pray for us.  She looked at me and commented that I was "doing my faith right" by living it out, but she had "done hers all wrong" because she never went on a mission trip or anything. 

Immediately, the Holy Spirit had me remind her that she most certainly IS fulfilling God's call.  HER JOB IS HER MISSION FIELD!  And she IS a missionary, one who ministers to women - lots & lots of women - every single day.  God allows her to spend time with  hurting women, scared women, sick women, tired women, hopeless women etc.  And He gives her the opportunity to encourage them, calm them, hug them, smile at them, listen to them, and pray for them.  WHAT A PRIVILEGE!  WHAT A MINISTRY!

She thanked me for encouraging her and told me how much she REALLY needed to hear that.  With those words, I knew she was the reason God sent me to that office today.

God is so faithful! 

Interestingly, the radiologist I saw today, Dr. K., is the same one who had the pleasure of preparing me for surgery back in December.  You remember, the one who was supposed to insert a needle in the right spot for my surgeon.  Only, he couldn't get it to work; I nearly passed out on him; and it took over an hour & about 22 needle sticks to finally get it right.  Poor fellow.  He probably saw my chart today and had a strong urge to run in the opposite direction!

However, in spite of his better judgement, he met with me and delivered the good news of my mammogram results.  I'm sure he was VERY thankful that he did not have to do any procedures on me today!  

After my appointment, I couldn't help but drop in on my friends downstairs at the radiation office.  It was so good to see them and talk to them.  As strange as it sounds, I truly miss seeing them every day!  I don't miss getting radiation, but I really do miss them!  They are very special to me. 

And speaking of special, my husband's Grandma passed away last night.  She had been in a nursing home for over 5 years with Alzheimer's.  Recently, she developed gangrene and the infection became toxic.  Her body just shut down.  She was 85 years old.

Grandma Swicegood, Faith Wrenn & Tanner at Christmas in 2008

So, tonight we spent the evening with Grandpa.  He seems to be doing okay.  I know he misses her. 
Grandpa Swicegood, Tanner & Faith Wrenn
We sat around listening to him share stories of his life.  He is currently 89 years old and has experienced a lot in his lifetime.  He served in World War II, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War.  He was in the Coast Guard, Navy & Air Force. 

His brother introduced him to Grandma one Christmas when he was home on leave.  After dating for 6 months, they got married and had 2 sons, 4 grandchildren, & 2 great grandchildren.  They stayed married (in sickness and in health) for 65 years!  WOW!!!

Would you mind lifting up a prayer for Grandpa right now?  This has to be very difficult for his heart.

THANK YOU!
Loving HIM with all my heart & soul,
Nancy         

No comments:

Post a Comment