Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Covered in God's Word and Prayer - I'm ready to go!

This morning, the ladies at my Bible study covered me in God's Word...

"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us."  Romans 8:18 

But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

"In peace I will lie down and sleep,
for You alone, O Lord, will keep me safe." 
Psalm 4:8

"Because Your love is better than life,
   my lips will glorify You.
I will praise You as long as I live,
   and in Your name I will lift up my hands."
Psalm 63:3-4 

"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.  1 John 4:18

"The LORD is my light and my salvation—
   whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life—
   of whom shall I be afraid?"
Psalm 27:1

"...we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance;  perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us."  Romans 5:3-5 

"But I trust in Your unfailing love;
   my heart rejoices in Your salvation.
I will sing the LORD’s praise,
   for He has been good to me."
Psalm 13:5-6 

Jesus said..."Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."  John 14:27

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."  Romans 8:28

"Cast your cares on the LORD
   and He will sustain you;
He will never let
   the righteous be shaken."
Psalm 55:22

"Oh, how great are God’s riches and wisdom and knowledge!
How impossible it is for us to understand His decisions and His ways!
For who can know the Lord’s thoughts?
      Who knows enough to give Him advice?
And who has given Him so much
      that He needs to pay it back?
For everything comes from Him and exists by His power and is intended for His glory.
All glory to Him forever! Amen."  Romans 11:33-36

"You will keep in perfect peace
   those whose minds are steadfast,
   because they trust in You.
Trust in the LORD forever,
   for the LORD, the LORD Himself, is the Rock eternal."
Isaiah 26:3-4 

"May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace.
I always thank my God for you and for the gracious gifts He has given you, now that you belong to Christ Jesus."  1 Corinthians 1:3-4 

"As for me, I call to God,
   and the LORD saves me.
Evening, morning and noon
   I cry out in distress,
   and He hears my voice.
He rescues me unharmed
   from the battle waged against me,
   even though many oppose me."
Psalm 55:16-18

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline."  2 Timothy 1:7

Psalm 91 from The Message Bible
You who sit down in the High God's presence, spend the night in Shaddai's shadow,
   Say this: "God, you're my refuge.
      I trust in you and I'm safe!"
   That's right—he rescues you from hidden traps,
      shields you from deadly hazards.
   His huge outstretched arms protect you—
      under them you're perfectly safe;
      his arms fend off all harm.
   Fear nothing—not wild wolves in the night,
      not flying arrows in the day,
   Not disease that prowls through the darkness,
      not disaster that erupts at high noon.
   Even though others succumb all around,
      drop like flies right and left,
      no harm will even graze you.
   You'll stand untouched, watch it all from a distance,
      watch the wicked turn into corpses.
   Yes, because God's your refuge,
      the High God your very own home,
   Evil can't get close to you,
      harm can't get through the door.
   He ordered his angels
      to guard you wherever you go.
   If you stumble, they'll catch you;
      their job is to keep you from falling.
   You'll walk unharmed among lions and snakes,
      and kick young lions and serpents from the path.

 14-16 "If you'll hold on to me for dear life," says God,
      "I'll get you out of any trouble.
   I'll give you the best of care
      if you'll only get to know and trust me.
   Call me and I'll answer, be at your side in bad times;
      I'll rescue you, then throw you a party.
   I'll give you a long life,
      give you a long drink of salvation!"

Also today, lots of my sweet, sweet friends prayed for me, hugged me, encouraged me, called me, sent me cards & e-mails, etc.  THANK YOU SO MUCH!  This journey would NOT be the same without you!

My dear friend RenĂ© even stopped by tonight with a gift - a comfy robe (that I desperately needed to make myself presentable when people come by to visit), a prayer box and a very meaningful card!  Thank you RenĂ©!

The antlers were my daughter's idea!

Don't stop praying now!  Tomorrow is a big day.  Ask God to give my husband and I opportunities to share Him with the people we meet.  It's all for HIS GLORY!

Loving HIM with all my heart & soul,
Nancy


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing the scripture. I needed to hear that today!!

    ReplyDelete