Wednesday, November 17, 2010

MORE DIVINE INTERVENTIONS!

Late yesterday afternoon, I got several phone calls concerning my upcoming medical appointments..... 

* My MRI was scheduled for 11:00 a.m. today along with my nutrition class at 1:30 p.m. 
* My genetic counseling appointment is bright and early tomorrow morning.
* My pre-op appointment has been scheduled for next Tuesday morning. 
* My surgery is now scheduled for Wednesday, December 1 at 8:30 a.m. 
* And my post-op appointment is on Tuesday, December 7.

Every single one of these appointments are at DIFFERENT locations too!!!  Maybe I should hire someone to figure out where I'm going and to actually get me there - on time!

This morning when I got to my MRI, I had a pleasant surprise.  My friend Laura stopped by along with her friend Nancy (who I met for the first time even though we go to the same church!)  Laura was in the area for one of her appointments, and she came by to check on me.  Seeing her and Nancy made me smile.

Then when I was called back for my MRI, it was decided that I needed to reschedule for next Wednesday, Nov. 24.  ***TMI ALERT***  The reason being, I started my period this morning, and it does crazy things to your hormones that the MRI will pick up.  If I had the MRI today, the chances of me being called back due to a false positive finding were great.  So, I rescheduled.

Even though I did not have my MRI today, God had me go to that appointment for several reasons. 

1)  It put me in my car at 10:00 a.m. so I could hear Chip Ingram's teaching on money. Go to http://www.livingontheedge.org/home/broadcasts/online_daily.php  and click on the download for 11/17/10.  I so needed to hear it! 

2)  After my canceled appointment, I had almost 2 hours before my nutrition class.  I asked a security officer where the closest Dollar Tree was to the hospital area.  She could only think of a Dollar General.  So, I thought I would give it a try.  As I was following her directions, I look up at a stop light and see.....

 I almost fell out of my seat!  I could not believe my eyes!  For almost 2 years now, I have wanted a world map to go on the wall in our computer room.  I've done lots of research and found the best deals for my favorite map online at The Map Shop.  Imagine my surprise about 4 months ago when I discovered that The Map Shop was actually located in Charlotte.  And God took me directly to it today!!!  I was thrilled and I knew it was God.  I came really close to turning cartwheels of joy, but the parking lot was a bit too small!

3) It made sure I went to my nutrition class this afternoon.  I mentioned before that God has been pointing me to proper nutrition and its impact on cancer.  The things I learned today were all specific to breast cancer and VERY useful.  I'm so glad I went.  I also met some sweet ladies while I was there.

Even though the day did not go as I had planned, I know God had a plan for everything that did happened.  He has me exactly where He wants me to be.....
This is the Scripture at the sign-in desk at the Cancer Center. 

Loving HIM with all my heart,
Nancy
  

No comments:

Post a Comment