Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Hero Emerges From Today's Divine Intervention!

My genetic counseling appointment was first thing this morning in Uptown Charlotte.  This of course meant leaving very early so I could join in the morning traffic jam fun, and still be on time! 

Everything went well.  Because of my age, my doctor wants me tested for a genetic predisposition to breast cancer and to ovarian cancer.  If my insurance will pay for the genetic test (which costs about $3500.00), then the lab will process everything.  If not, then I just donated a tube of blood for the fun of it!  It takes 2 weeks to get the results - if my insurance allows it to happen.

One of the perks of having an early appointment is getting finished early.  I was finished in less than an hour.  On the way home, I was actually looking forward to cleaning my house - which is a complete disaster area right now!  Unfortunately, when real life happens, the house work is the first thing to go.

I got home, returned some phone calls, and checked to make sure no more unauthorized charges had hit our bank account, etc.  I honestly could not wait to start cleaning.  But just as I rolled up my sleeves to get started, I heard a scratching noise.  I did a little investigating, but couldn't figure out where it was coming from.  Then it stopped.

I thought maybe the heater was blowing air onto something and making it move.  But when the noise started again, I figured out that it was coming from the outlet in the wall!!!  I listened for a while and knew that somehow, some way a critter had gotten into our wall!  Sweet! 

I tried to wait until my husband got home, but the scratching got louder and happened more often.  I kept picturing him gnawing on the wires and causing some problems.  So, I said a prayer and went in search of a neighbor who could help me.

Meet my neighbor Rob.  MY HERO!!!  He rescued the tiny mouse and returned it to the wild!  This is proof positive that God did not put us on this earth to do life by ourselves!  We need our neighbors!  THANK YOU ROB!

Loving HIM with all my heart,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment