But, God's presence and strength are sustaining me. He is taking care of everything, and He has plans to use it all for His glory!
So, I thought it would be good to do a little reflecting on some of the things God has done to help me keep things in perspective. And this verse keeps playing over and over in my mind... "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Philippians 4:8
You know you are having a good day when...
* You get to witness God answering prayers - MY BROTHER SHANE CAME HOME FROM THE HOSPITAL YESTERDAY - VALENTINE'S DAY!!! Talk about LOVE! YAY GOD!!!
* You dash out of the house without grabbing anything for lunch only to get to work and be told by your cousin Allyson, "We are having lunch at the office today for Valentine's at noon. I just ordered Chick-fil-a nuggets and chicken salad sandwiches from your husband." Talk about GOD'S PROVISION!!!
* You muster up enough courage to check your mailbox (after a few days) and are delighted to find NO MEDICAL BILLS!
Instead, you find a precious card from a praying friend who has been asking God to give you exactly what you need - STRENGTH!!! And she added an extra treat inside. Talk about A BLESSING!
THANK YOU KRISTIN!!!
And why would someone be afraid to check their mail, you ask. Well, maybe because the last time she did, she received 6 MEDICAL BILLS in one day!!! Talk about OVERWHELMING!
* You are soooo tired you can't see straight and someone shows up at your door with dinner for you and your family. Talk about BEING THE HANDS AND FEET OF JESUS!
THANK YOU BARBARA! YOUR CASSEROLE WAS DELICIOUS!
* You conspire to surprise and kidnap your friend on her birthday and it works! Talk about BEING A GOOD SPORT! Cindy had gotten all comfy thinking she was in for the night! NOT!!
* Your friend leaves you homemade chicken noodle soup in her mailbox so you can pick it up during your early morning walk through her neighborhood. Talk about being a TRUE FRIEND!
THANK YOU SHAWNA LEE!!!
And these are only a few things that God has done! When we keep our focus on Him, He helps us keep our perspective - even in the midst of our difficult circumstances.
CLING TO HIM!
RELY ON HIM!
HE IS WORTH IT!
Loving HIM with all my heart & soul,