Saturday, February 19, 2011

You Must Have the Wrong Number...

A few weeks ago, I received a recorded message from one of the high school assistant principals inviting parents of rising 9th graders to a meeting at the high school. 


My first thought, "Uhhh, why are you calling me?  You must have the wrong number."

Then I received an e-mail and a flyer about the same meeting.  What's up with that?

Surely this sweet little boy of mine canNOT be going to high school next year!!!
I mean it was just yesterday that he was born 2 months early and had to spend 5 weeks in the hospital before coming home on a breathing/heart monitor.

There is NO WAY I am  he is old enough for him  to be in high school!!!

To make matters worse, the very next day (after receiving the phone call from the high school assistant principal the night before) I'm in the carpool line at Tanner's school and look what I see...

Drivers??!!!  As in driver's license??!!!  My son - almost old enough to drive - the nerve of these people!  What are they trying to do, give a poor mama a heart attack??!!!  What are they thinking??!!!

Why, it was just yesterday that he was standing in the front seat of the car turning the steering wheel while he pretended to be driving.  He used his "studying voice" for sound effects too.  And he didn't even need a job to afford the gas or insurance either. 

Huh.  They act like Tanner will be able to drive a "real" car in 10 months or something.  What is the deal here??!!!

The next thing you know, I'll be getting a phone call telling me Tanner has an appointment to get braces when it was just yesterday that he cut his first tooth!

WARNING TO ALL PARENTS:  Be intentional.  Invest in your children's lives today because tomorrow they will be grown. 

"Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul
and with all your strength.
These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts.  
 Impress them on your children.
Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road,
when you lie down and when you get up. 
Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 
Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates." 
Deuteronomy 6:5-9

Loving HIM with all my heart & soul,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment