Friday, March 4, 2011

Some lessons I've learned while being...

 Everything feels like a chore, even fun things
eXpectations must be lowered - this does wonders for your priorities
 Have to take care of yourself - no one else can do that for you
 Allow others to HELP - God gave us each other for a reason
 Unable to do it all - we were never meant to do it all in the 1st place
 Saying NO to things, even good things, is OK
 To Do list probably won't get done but the world will keep spinning
 lEt yourself off the hook - it will decrease your stress level
 Delegate, delegate, delegate - invite others to learn & take part

I woke up this morning exhausted.  Not the way you want to start your day.  My vision was blurry from the time I opened my eyes.  Odd.  That was a first. 

After taking my daughter to school and walking with my friend Cindy, MOPS and work were on my schedule. I made it to MOPS but halfway through, I just had to close my eyes.  It was craft day so I decided to finish my craft at home.  I needed to reserve any energy I could possibly muster up for work.  My group leader did not want me to drive!!!

When I got in my car, I knew I had to go to sleep.  My body was demanding it.  So, I called my aunt about work, and she graciously told me to take care of myself.  Wise advice.  I got home at noon and went to bed until 2:30pm!

Initially I could not fall asleep, but just being able to close my eyes and rest did wonders!!!  While I was lying there, God gave me the acrostic for exhausted.  I have to admit, it feels really strange to actually take care of myself like this.  I can't tell you the last time I missed work for me and not my children (being sick & or having appointments.)  Fortunately, I was too tired to feel guilty!  

Our bodies are the only temple we have.  It is up to us to take care of them.  Without feeling guilty!  So what are you doing to take care of YOUSELF today?  I challenge you to DO SOMETHING!  God said so.

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit,
who is in you, whom you have received from God?
You are not your own;   you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body."  1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Loving HIM with all my heart & soul,
Nancy

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Glad you got rest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so thankful that you listened to your body. I was worried about you driving, too. you looked half asleep while we were talking. Still praying that you will sleep through the night...

    ReplyDelete