Monday, October 10, 2011

One of God's Blessings in my Life

Over the summer, God introduced me to some incredible women who have truly enriched my life.  Today, I want to introduce one of them to you.


This is Melanie.  We served God together in Jamaica, along with 69 other people on our team.  Prior to our trip, we did not know each other.  And actually, it was Melanie's 2 teenage children who signed up to go on the trip - NOT Melanie.  But God had other plans!

When Melanie's teenagers began raising money to go to Jamaica, immediately God blessed them with more than they needed.  So Melanie called Stephanie, our faithful trip leader, and asked her what to do with the extra.  Stephanie wisely told her that God was providing an abundance so SHE could go to Jamaica too! 


Melanie had a ton of reasons why she could not go, and she wrestled with her decision until it was nearly time to board the plane.  Thankfully, Melanie chose to obey God.  She stepped waaaaaay out of her comfort zone and right into the center of God's will.

“Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise. Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails.” Proverbs 19:20-21

I had the privilege of leading a ladies' Bible study with her at the "Big Church" a.k.a. Mt. Nebo in Jamaica.  The more we shared our lives with the Jamaican ladies, the more we realized how much we had in common with each other.  Time after time, I was taken aback by the similarities and parallels of our lives. 

For example, we went to the same college only a year or so apart and both majored in Criminal Justice!!!  God used Jonah in the Bible to change the course of both of our lives!!!  She knew my husband, and her husband knew some of my family.  Just to name a few.  It was so wild!


Interestingly, we look a lot alike too!  Melanie's daughter Sara even thought I was her mom on several occasions. 


One day, Melanie was showing me pictures on her camera and when I saw one of them I thought to myself, "I don't remember wearing that shirt in Jamaica."  Well, I didn't remember because it wasn't me, it was Melanie!  I too got us confused!


The more time we spent together, the more we realized how much we had in common.  GOD IS SO GOOD!   

I am so very thankful for my new friend Melanie!  I am also grateful that we live in the same county and can continue to build our friendship!  What an AMAZING GOD we serve!


"As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend." Proverbs 27:17

Loving HIM with all my heart & soul,
Nancy   

No comments:

Post a Comment