Saturday, October 22, 2011

Remembering

In the Bible, God emphasizes how important it is for us to remember Him and what He has done for us. 

That's what I've been doing today.  Remembering. 

Remembering my God and His promises. 
Remembering His overwhelming presence and His peace. 
Remembering His faithfulness. 
Remembering His answered prayers. 
Remembering the rainbows He sent me. 
Remembering all the people He put in my path. 
Remembering how He took such good care of me through His people.    

Remembering.

And Praising.

Praising God for NEVER changing.
Praising Him for NEVER leaving me.
Praising Him for keeping ALL of His promises.
Praising Him for my friends and their prayers.
Praising Him for the medical profession & medicine.
Praising Him for my salvation through Jesus Christ.
Praising Him for His plans for my life.

Praising.

It was one year ago today that I was diagnosed with breast cancer.  What a difference a year makes.  What a difference a personal relationship with Jesus Christ makes! 

I've had some very sweet and personal moments with my Savior today.  He is so amazing!  I want to share one of them with you. 

Last year when I received my diagnosis, no one was with me.  When I got in my car and started to pull out of the parking lot, this car tag caught my eye......


(I made it my screen saver on my cellphone and it's still there today.)  God spoke so loud and clear to me through this tag and the Scripture it pointed me to.  I knew He was with me and had some things He wanted me to know.  So, I pulled over, grabbed my Bible and read Psalm 91 out loud.  Oh, what a tender time He and I had together!

Today, I found myself in another parking lot having yet another tender time with the Lord as I recalled everything He has done for me this past year.  This morning, I was in the Wal-Mart parking lot, when I sang "The Revelation Song" to Him at the top of my lungs through tears of appreciation.   

Shortly after that while buying groceries, I received a text from a friend.  Her text said...

"Hey. Rode up to the mountains for the day and just saw a license plate that said Psalms 28:7.  Have my Bible with me.  Looked it up and it is a great reminder.  Just thought I'd share.  Have a great day."

Psalm 28:7 says,
"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped.  My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song."

O.H. M.Y.!!!!!  My friend had no idea, but God sure did!!!!!  I sang to Him in the parking lot, and He sang back to me in the freezer section!  He heard my "joyful noise" and responded!  ONLY GOD!!! 

ONLY GOD!!!

I am in awe.

And talk about full circle - through car tags of all things!!! 

God uses it ALL!  That is why we must make the most of every opportunity we have to share Jesus and His Truth with everyone we can - even with our car tags or bumper stickers or car magnets.  Whatever it takes.

W.O.W.

And did you see what I wrote about Africa on my blog post a year ago??!!!  If not,  check it out.  You will find what I'm referring to right ABOVE the 91 Psalms car tag picture.  I can't believe that!!!  ONLY GOD!!!  And to think that I will actually be in Africa in 9 weeks!!!  CRAZY!!!  Africa was NOT on my radar yet when I made that comment a year ago either!!!  I was trying to talk my husband into moving to South America! 

GOD IS SO INCREDIBLE!!!  He wasn't kidding when He said He knows the plans He has for us, huh??!!!  Or when He had Paul write this...

"For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."  Ephesians 2:10

God has plans for you too, my friend.  No matter what is happening in your life today.

Remember what He has done for you and trust Him with your future.

Loving HIM with all my heart & soul,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment