Saturday, January 29, 2011

Blessings

UPDATE ON SALLY (as of Friday)

Sally's PET scan was clear. Praise the Lord! No other cancer. Her surgery went well today. She had a rod put into her femur and the tumor was removed. She will have radiation on that bone starting in a few weeks. She is resting now with her family at her side and will be home in a few days.

Thank You, Lord, for answering our prayers and taking such good care of our sweet sister in Christ.  Please continue to comfort her and heal her completely.  We give you all the praise and glory!  Amen.
***********************************************

On Thursday afternoon, the doorbell rang.  I opened the door to find my neighbor and 2 of her children smiling back at me.  My neighbor is the one whose 4th grader is battling brain cancer.  I introduced her on my Jan. 8 post.

She said her son only has a week and a half left of radiation so he is very tired.  He is also taking oral chemotherapy at night.  What a brave young man!  She said he doesn't have much of an appetite, but he will eat this.....
Lemon yogurt pound cake!  YUMMY!!!

So she wanted to bring me some and see how I was doing with my radiation.  What a special blessing!  It made me cry!

Then, my friend Angela from MOPS brought us a box full of blessings for dinner and breakfast.

Did we really eat an entire loaf of fresh, warm bread at dinner, along with our chicken noodle soup and cupcake dessert (Grandma's recipe no doubt)??!!!

And check out these heart shaped muffins....talk about love!  I've been instructed by my children to get the recipe. 

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH ANGELA!!!  THANK YOU!
Angela brought some pretty flowers too.  And here's my husband volunteering to taste test the cupcakes.  Life is short.  Eat dessert first!

Faith did not even let the box go to waste...she designed a hat out of it.  How creative!
I've been told it is still a work in progress, and by the looks of the floor in the computer room, I would believe it!  I'll take another picture when it's finished.

On Friday afternoon as soon as we got home, I had a surprise visit from my friend Cindy.  We haven't seen each other all week because she has been nursing her family back to health.  All 3 of her children and her husband have been sick.

And speaking of love and creativity, Cindy brought by some tasty treats she made.  She is very talented and has her own baking business to raise money for missions.  You can check it out here http://onmissioninthekitchen.blogspot.com/
THANK YOU CINDY!  

"Taste and see that the LORD is good;
blessed is the one who takes refuge in Him."  
Psalm 34:8

A quick raditation update...I have completed my 9th treatment - only 24 more to go!  Just starting to turn red and burn a little.  I'm usually ready for bed before 8pm!!! 

God is giving me lots of opportunities to talk with other women while I am at radiation.  How exciting!  So please keep praying for these developing relationships.  

I had to take Faith with me to treatment yesterday.  The incredible radiation staff let her see the Big Machine too.  I'm hoping this helps her understand everything a little better.  She has been mentioning death a lot lately.  And the other day on the way to school, she asked me if my cancer meant she was going to have cancer too.  

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation,
by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving,
present your requests to God.
And the peace of God,
which transcends all understanding,
will guard your hearts and your minds
in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 4:6-7 

Loving HIM with all my heart & soul,
Nancy

2 comments:

  1. I have been praying for you a lot lately. I have also been praying for Faith. As a mother of a 4th grader, I find her on my mind a lot. Katie deals with a mom with a chronic illness, and every once in a while she'll ask me if she's going to get fibromyalgia and migraines. I'm sure Faith has some pretty big thoughts, but know that we are lifting your entire family up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS! They truly mean so much to us.

    ReplyDelete