Monday, January 24, 2011

God Makes Me Giddy!!!

"Give thanks to the LORD, call on His name:
make known among the nations what He has done."
1 Chronicles 16:8

This morning, I had a doctor's Divine appointment at Dr. Frenette's office in Uptown Charlotte.  Dr. Frenette does the medication side of oncology (chemotherapy, oral meds, etc.)  I was there to discuss taking the oral medication tamoxifen for the next 5 years as a preventative measure.  But, most everyone else was there for chemo.

Before I arrived, I had asked God to please give me an opportunity to minister to someone while I was there.

As I was checking in, I glanced over at the waiting room and someone caught my eye.  She looked familiar, but I wasn't sure that I knew her.  She had on dark glasses and a germ mask covering her nose and mouth.  Even though I couldn't see her face, I recognized that blonde hair!  It was the very 1st lady I ever met at radiation.  I met her the day I went to get tattooted & fitted.  Here is what I blogged about her 2 1/2 weeks ago.....

As I was leaving, I met another patient.  She was not doing well.  She shared a little of her story with me.  She said that her small cancerous spot was completely removed.  However, a very small spot was found in one of her lymph nodes.  When the surgeon went to remove that cancer, it broke apart into smaller pieces.

As a result, she is having to undergo both radiation and chemotherapy.  She said she just finished her first round of chemo which consisted of 8 straight days of treatment.  She said the side effects were horrible, and she could barely put her feet on the floor.  She has 3 more rounds of chemo left.  Round 2 starts in about 3 weeks.  And she is having radiation AT THE SAME TIME as chemo!!!  I cannot imagine.      

Please pray for her.  She does not want to do chemo anymore.  But she has a 12 year old daughter and knows that she has to do it.  She has beautiful thick blonde hair and knows it will fall out with the next round of chemo.  I do not know her name because our conversation was interrupted when the nurse needed me.  But God does.  So, please pray for her.


My heart broke for her that day, and I have been praying for her since then!  I tried to find her name on the check-in list at radiation, but the computer has us listed by time and last name only.  So, God brought us back together today - the day she was to start her 2nd round of chemo!!!!!

ONLY GOD!!!!!!!!

The waiting room was packed, but there was a seat open right across from her.  With a smile beaming from ear to ear on my face, I went over to her and introduced myself.  I was so excited to see her!  I was absolutely giddy!!!  I probably scared her more than the chemo did!!!  I could not contain myself!  I knew this was God at work!!! 

Her sister was with her and the 3 of us talked for at least 30 minutes!!!  I now know her name and was able to share what God had laid on my heart with her.  I gave her my contact info as well.  Her sister and I really tried to encourage her as she sat there waiting for her name to be called to start round two of chemo - the round she knows will rob her of her beautiful blonde hair and her strength.  But she is determined not to let it rob her of her dignity and hope.

As I was about to pray with her, the nurse called her name.  I promised her I would be praying while she was getting her treatment.  And that is exactly what I did.

How do I know this was a Divine appointment?  Well, I never should have been at this doctor's office in the first place!!!  Dr. Frenette sees patients at the cancer center with my surgeon Dr. White every Monday afternoon.  When Dr. White told me I needed to see Dr. Frenette, he said I would see the 2 of them TOGETHER!!!  I was supposed to see Dr. Frenette at the cancer center in March when I go back to see Dr.White!  But, someone in the appointment setting office gave me a separate appointment with Dr. Frenette at his office "by mistake"!!! 

ONLY GOD!!!!!  I am still giddy!  Oh how I love to watch God work!  HE IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! 

And by the way, Dr. Frenette is recommending that I NOT take tamoxifen!!!  He said given my specific circumstances and type of cancer, the best plan for me to fight reoccurrence is exercising (cardio) 5 times a week for 20-30 minutes and eating 5 servings of fruits & veggies every day.  And the side effects of eating right and exercising are all positive, unlike the side effects of taking tamoxifen.  WOW!

This was an answered prayer, especially for my husband who did not have a peace about me taking tamoxifen in the first place.

After leaving the doctor's office, I spent the rest of the day in a praise and worship session with my God!

And look what was for dinner.....

Hiding behind the box is my beautiful friend Lisa from MOPS.  THANK YOU LISA FOR A DELICIOUS, HEARTY DINNER TONIGHT!!!

And check out another little treat from God...

I have been craving a big biscuit for a few days now!  I do not know why.  But it's the truth.  THANK YOU AGAIN LISA!  I promise to start eating my fruits and veggies TOMORROW!

Loving HIM with all my heart & soul,
Nancy 

No comments:

Post a Comment