Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Heavy Heart

"LORD, hear my prayer,
   listen to my cry for mercy;
in Your faithfulness and righteousness
   come to my relief."
Psalm 143:1 

I am super duper tired today, but my heart is so heavy.  Will you please join me in praying for 2 very special people?

My friend Sally from church who has been so helpful to me re: my cancer is in the hospital right now.    (She battled breast cancer herself several years ago - and won.)  She was having trouble with her right leg and just found out she has cancer in her femur bone. 

She is undergoing lots of tests to determine the extent of the cancer.  She may also have surgery to insert a rod into her femur to help support her leg.  PLEASE PRAY FOR HER!  Pray that the cancer is at a very early stage, contained, & easily treated. PRAY FOR HER FAMILY!  AND PRAY FOR THE DOCTORS TAKING CARE OF HER TOO!
Sally is the pretty one in the middle.  PRAY FOR HER!

****************************************************

My brother Shane also still needs your prayers.  Sorry it has been so long since I've given an update on him.  Please forgive me for being so slack!

Just before Christmas, Shane was discharged from the hospital although he was still throwing up.  Two home health nurses came every day to check on him and give him an IV in the evening.

While he was at home, he started getting sick a little less until the beginning of January.  Then on January 4, Shane was readmitted to the hospital because he started throwing up blood.  He is still in the hospital today.

He has seen numerous doctors and been given several diagnoses and treatments, but nothing has stopped him from getting sick.  He now has incredible pain in his chest too.  But his BACK (which is what he originally had surgery on back in Nov.) is fine!

Today, his blood sugar dropped, and he was moved to a different hospital in Greenville.

PLEASE PRAY FOR HIM!  Pray for the right diagnosis and treatment.  Shane needs some relief.  Can you imagine being sick every day, all day for 2 1/2 months??!!!  It is bad.  Real bad.  PLEASE PRAY FOR HIS WIFE GENA & THEIR 3 GIRLS TOO!  They want their husband and daddy back.
This is Shane (obviously prior to surgery) with one of his daughters.  Just wanted you to see who you are praying for. 

THANK YOU FOR PRAYING! 

Loving HIM with all my heart & soul,
Nancy

1 comment:

  1. I am praying hard for Shane and for Sally. My heart is aching for all the pain and suffering. Love you.

    ReplyDelete