Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Let the Radiation Begin!

Today has been a full day! 

My daughter had to be at school at 7:15 a.m., so I went to work early after dropping her off.  And for the record, I am NOT a morning person.  I worked all day until it was time for radiation.  I was tired before I ever got to the doctor's office!  Thinking all day is hard work!

When I got to radiation, I was told that their computer server had been down for several hours, and they had been unable to provide treatments.  However, their server problem had been fixed right before I got there, and treatments had resumed!  What a blessing!

Today's treatment was VERY fast.  I no sooner got on the table, and it was time to get off. 

The radiation machine is massive and moves around me.  (I tried to find a picture of it on- line, but couldn't locate one.)  It makes a little noise, but I could still hear "Journey" playing in the background.  I felt led to pray, and here is the verse that came to mind...

"Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body."  1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Interesting, huh?

So, I prayed for God's temple that was stretched out on a hard table in a dark room receiving beams of radiation to burn away cells - both healthy & unhealthy. 

Now, I am going to honor Him by getting some sleep!  I will share more tomorrow.

And look what was waiting for me when I got home.....

Baked spaghetti from my dear friend Jeannine!  WHAT A YUMMY SURPRISE!!!  WHAT A BLESSING!!!  THANK YOU JEANNINE!

Loving HIM with all my heart & soul,
Nancy

     



No comments:

Post a Comment