Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Radiation Day 2

My friend Cindy and I were able to resume walking this morning before I went to work, and the exercise made a noticeable difference in my energy level today.  PRAISE!  It wasn't until 8:30 p.m. that I felt really tired, and my body started shutting down. 

But before I go to sleep, I want to blog about a few things God did today.  I'll make it quick - yeah, right!

On my way to radiation today, I prayed for God to please give me an opportunity to share Him with someone while I was there.  When I walked into the office, I was greated by the 2 sweet ladies who work at the front desk.  Super Sweet Ladies.  One of them said "Mrs. Swicegood, you always have a big smile on your face."  My response, "That would be the JOY OF THE LORD on my face!"  She gave me an "AMEN!" and said, "You keep right on smiling!"

In the waiting room, I actually met 3 new ladies today.  We each shared our "cancer detection" story in 30 seconds or less.  (It reminds me of college when you ask each other "what's your major?"  LOL!)  I was able to tell them about the miraculous way God uncovered my cancer, and how He has blessed me through the medical care I've received.  I prayed for 1 opportunity to share today, and God gave me 4 (when you include the lady at the front desk)!!!  ONLY GOD!!!!!

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."  Ephesians 3:20-21

I sense God wanting me to spend more time with one lady in particular.  She is about halfway through her treatments so I should be seeing her everyday for the next 3 weeks.  Please pray for us to have time to talk everyday.

*****************************************************

The radiation tech came and got me out of the waiting room, but asked me to sit in a chair in the hallway right outside the treatment room while another patient finished up.  While sitting in the hallway, I saw 2 tree pictures on the wall - one to my right and one to my left.  (Sorry I couldn't take pictures.  My camera was in my locker.)

As I looked at the 2 pictures, God spoke to my heart and said "What do you notice about these 2 tree pictures as well as the other tree pictures you have seen in this office?"

I thought about it for a minute, and then God revealed it to me.  None of the pictures are of just ONE tree by itself.  Every picture has SEVERAL trees in it.  And just like these trees, we were not meant to be alone.  We need each other.  God designed us to do life together.  From the very beginning, God said it is not good for man to be alone!  So, He created another person.  WOW!

Thank you for going through breast cancer with me!!!  Thank you for not leaving me alone!!!  WHAT A TREMENDOUS BLESSING YOU ARE!!!  

Ironically, earlier today at work before radiation, I was listening to the radio.  The DJ announced the next song was by TREE 53.  Of course the word "tree" caught my attention, and I wondered what this band's name meant.  I automatically assumed that the "tree" part referred to the cross Christ died on for our sins.  As I thought about the crucifixion, God spoke to my heart and said "the tree (cross) that Christ died on represents the place of TOTAL SURRENDER.  Jesus gave up His will for My (God's) will.  Are you totally surrendered to Me today?"

Ahhh, the lessons we can learn from trees!

Loving HIM with all my heart & soul,
Nancy   

No comments:

Post a Comment