Thursday, January 20, 2011

God's Love

 "See what great love the Father has lavished on us,
that we should be called children of God!
And that is what we are!"
1 John 3:1

Today, God showed His love for me through my husband.....

The raditation machine was due for its annual check-up today so my appointment time had to be changed to 7:50 a.m. (Have I mentioned I am NOT a morning person??!!!)  I found out about this change on Monday afternoon.  When I told my husband about it, he asked if he could come with me because he had Thursday off.

Let me just say that my husband NEVER has Thursdays off - except for today.  My radiation appointments are always in the afternoon - except for today.  This was definitely God's doing!

So, my husband went with me to radiation this morning.  Not only that, he also got a guided tour of the treatment room and was able to see me getting prepped on the table.  And the staff is absolutely fabulous!  They answered all of his questions and showed him all of the equipment.  Now he has a better understanding of what I do everyday. 

Why did I feel an extra dose of love today?

Well, I know my husband loves me and will do anything for me if I ask him to.  But, I am a pretty independent person who tends to handle things like going to radiation on my own.  The fact that my husband asked to come to radiation with me (instead of me asking him or needing him to come), could only mean one thing - he WANTED to come!  I was touched.  It made me feel lavished by God's love, especially after I realized how God had orchestrated our schedules to make it all happen.  I was soooo excited to have my husband with me!

I know this may not sound like a big deal, but God let it be a big deal for me today.  The super sensitive feelings I had were a gift to me from my Heavenly Father.  A gift of His love and a reminder of His lesson that we are not meant to do life alone.

Then, to cap off the day, Esmeralda from MOPS brought us a fabulous enchilada dinner that my family wiped out instantly!  THANK YOU ESMERALDA!!!  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

"The family of God is a gift from God especially for times like these." 
-from "When God and Cancer Meet" by Lynn Eib      

Loving HIM with all my heart & soul,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment